8 August 2011


Advertisement
Published: August 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

With a lunchtime appointment about 150 miles away we left by 9am and headed further south. We arrived at the destination I entered on the Tom Tom to find that there were about 200 retirement homes at 21 Bracewell Road, Twin Waters! Fortunately there was a sales off which were able to give me Peter Bailey's address. He lived on an idilic retirement complex with a lovely large bungalow going down to the waters edge. We thought very similar to southern Florida. Peter, who is 90 next year, greeted us spritely at the door. Already there was Neville Marsh, an ex Vice Chancellor of an Aussie university. Peter has had a distinguished flying career - see Distinguished section of OF website. He showed us his study which has many momentos from his career. I encouraged him to record his life story.

We went off to the Twin Waters Golf Club, where were met by Peter Simpson and his wife and Ruth Gates, who is John's wife. John had organised the lunch but was unfortunately unable to attend because of illness. We had a great lunch, I repeated my usual speech and gave out a pair of socks to Ruth to give to John for organising. I also gave Neville a pair to go with the tie that he had on.

Around 4pm we made our way into Brisbane and arrived about 90 minutes later. Brisbane was very big with loads of skyscrapers - quite a shock after the previous week. Very impressed by hotel! Weather was still warm enough to have a meal outside alongside the Brisbane River.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb