T - 24hrs and counting!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane » Aspley
July 11th 2008
Published: July 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello all,
Well we are down to our final 24 hours, cutlery gone, bedding gone, clothing gone, furniture gone and tonight we will dine out and take in a movie to fill in some hours. Lynne has to cull some more stuff from her pack, her pile of "stuff to pack" seems to have grown somewhat over the last week. All the essential tablets packed. Stuff to block you up and stuff to stop you from getting Malaria. Stuff to stop you sneezing, stuff to stop you puking, Oxy tabs for high altitudes and the list goes on. I think at this point we realize that Australia is an amazing country and so free from some of the more common ailments which most other countries deal with on a day to day basis but Australians never see but Aussies take for granted. However this will not deter us from our tour! Our last obstacle is the airline themselves. Our home grown airlines are in negotiations with with various parts of itself over wages and this (although they do not admit it) has caused some major delays. We selected the right time to go with 2 major events occurring this week, the airline will be pulling out all stops to make all flights move on schedule and this is to our advantage thankfully. The next blog will be from Costa Rican soil and hopefully i will have some adventure news instead of preparation stories for you but as they say... half the fun is getting there. Well i will sign off now and we will try to sleep tonight but i doubt it. Pack and re-pack. Forgotten something? maybe pack again! Ok 1 last time.......do i really need this? maybe!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.246s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 23; qc: 96; dbt: 0.171s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb