The past few weeks


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Bowen
August 27th 2009
Published: September 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The last few weeks here in Bowen have seen the weather heating up here in Bowen (or maybe it is just the humidity rising), and the water temperature getting warmer as well. The water in Horseshoe Bay is now back up to around 24 degrees, just about perfect! More flowers are starting to come out now that we are moving into Spring soon, and the work on the skatepark is still progressing. Hopefully should be done in another couple weeks.

Brett's parents also arrived from Vancouver for 2 weeks, so they have been loving the area and the beaches and walking paths. They are staying in our caravan in a beautiful waterfront site at the campground just a 5 minute walk down from where we are. And they have been feeling good about themselves as they are the youngest ones in the park (and definitely look it!) since the park is filled with all the grey nomads up this way to escape the cold weather in Victoria. Only thing is too bad Brett is so busy working, but we have been meeting up every night for happy hours, bbq's and enjoying all of the local seafood, so it's been great.

I got an invite one day from the manager where we are staying, who is super nice, to go strawberry picking with one of the other couples here, so did that. They were some of the hugest, reddest, sweetest strawberries I have tasted! The farmer was a total character - an old guy with a white beard halfway down his chest, barefeet which I don't think he has ever seen shoes, and beer cans scattered all over. Think we were glad we got there before noon as guess after that he gets on the sauce. Then again maybe we could of worked a deal for our strawberries! He also grew some of the biggest passionfruit I have seen. He cut each of us one when we first got there and we slurped them up like we were eating an oyster. They were delicious. Only wish I had got a picture of the farmer, but best I could do was his trailer.

And now we are off and leaving Bowen and Brett's parents for a quick 3 day trip to Singapore. Brett's boss is flying us and some of the office staff from Melbourne over for the grand opening of the skateboard park he built over there last year. Should be a good one!



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Kara taking it for a spin. Kara taking it for a spin.
Kara taking it for a spin.

Think I found a new job! So fun!!


Tot: 0.315s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.2428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb