Waterfall wanderings


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Atherton Tablelands
October 17th 2023
Published: October 18th 2023
Edit Blog Post

After a nice little brekky at Malanda Lodge with fresh fruit and real coffee, we headed down the road to our first waterfall.
Malanda Falls is just off the road with a great visitor centre and big carpark. A concrete pool has been constructed at the base of the falls. You can do a walk on either side of the road (above and below the falls) past the river through the rainforest (we didn't see any tree kangaroos but they are about.
We stopped by nerada tea plantation even though we knew they had shut down (Aussies not drinking enough black rea apparently) and spotted a tree kangaroo resting up high in a tree by their gate.
Mt Hypipamee NP had an ancient crater and loads of lovely falls along a sometimes steep and rocky stroll through the rainforest to Dinner Falls.
Millstream Falls was very different, not in cool rainforest but dry eucalypts.
Innot Hotspring was really interesting. The water bubbling up is insanely hot.i don't really understand how their isn't cooked fish floating around. It was too hot and uncomfortable to stay long (maybe in the cool of morning or evening it might seem more welcoming).
Lunch at Ravenshoe Roadhouse.
At Pepina Falls Wayne spotted a platypus. The track down in short but steep.
Milaa Milaaa Falls has nice spots to sit and is certainly popular (lots of people just grabbing a photo).
Zillie Falls was a quick walk to a lookout, not a spot to swim.
Elinjaa Falls has steps down from the carpark and rocky edges to sit on. We swam in behind the waterfall where there is a ledge to sit on.
Mungalli Falls are within a school camp set up that is accessible for day visiting and was our last fall for today.
Not as far south as we'd expected and so many more things we'd like to do.
Decided last minute to stay up on the tablelands (Millaa Millaa caravan park).


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0306s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb