Queensland is rubbish. And wet.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » 1770
February 2nd 2007
Published: February 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The town of 1770 was invented in 1770, and since then, nothing has happened. There are two hostels, a few beaches and about 6 shops. Today a number of things started to go wrong on the Mattatour, and these shall be listed below.

1) It was raining. Lots.
2) There was nothing to do apart from a motorbike tour thing so we booked on that.
3) The only internet shop was stupid expensive but we needed to go on, so that was annoying.
4) Everywhere in 1770 shuts for lunch at half one. The only place that didn't was up a big hill, so to get there before 2 we had to run. It was raining, we were in flip flops and it was humid. Lunch was pretty good though.
5) On returning to the hostel, we discoved that the tour was cancelled
6) I'd finished my book so I had nothing to do
7) Hooray! We could hire bikes ourselves so we did that. Brilliant fun. Obviously we went very slowly and checked we were insured and did lots of practice with the man watching and went slowly and made sure we knew where to go and made sure we were driving in the light and slowly and the man said there wouldn't be anyone else on the road and as long as we went slowly we'd be fine so we went slowly. That should do it.
8) Paul was wearing shorts which was very silly (I wasn't I was wearing jeans because I'm sensible). He did have a thigh pad on but unfortunately it slipped and he burnt his leg really quite badly when he got off. We thought it was fine but more on that later... Bad though. I loved it though, was really good fun.
9) Hung around for overnight bus to get to Airlie beach in plenty of time for our Whitsundays trip. Weather was bad.
10) It rained a lot all day and was chucking it down when we got on the bus.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0273s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb