Stunning weekend getaways from Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
February 3rd 2015
Published: February 3rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

If you work long hours all through the working weekdays, you surely know the feeling of exhaustion when finally Friday arrives. And, when it is time at last to do something different, you do not have either the energy or idea where to go during weekend and it always ends up with you and your family spending time around the house doing nothing different than any other day. And, before you know it, it is Sunday evening again and you are preparing things for another manic Monday. An everyday perpetuum mobile. Well, it was high time you did something about it. Not only that you will bring necessary changes to your everyday life if you venture on a weekend adventure by breaking the routine you had for years, but you will recharge your batteries and go through another busy week feeling fresher and stronger than ever. We prepared a list of stunning weekend getaways from Sydney to help you make your first step. Any other that follows will be so much easier to make.



Skiing down Snowy Mountains

Make a total change of atmosphere. At around five hour drive distance, Snowy Mountains, as their name clearly states, will
welcome you and indulge your skiing spirit. It does not matter if you are a total beginner or experienced professional skier, you will find an activity suitable to your skills. Of course, shopping centers and other leisure activities are more than present.



Lord Howe Island

At less than two hours’ flight from Sydney, a paradise on Earth exists. If you are looking for an active weekend, filled with activities such as swimming, snorkeling, diving, kayaking and surfing then crystal clear waters of Lord Howe Island are perfect for you. Of course, if you are more into slower tempo activities, bike and walk routes are the ones that will make it happen. Of course, do not forget to visit the famous twin peaks.



Jenolan Caves

At about four hour driving distance from Sydney you will find a network of breathtaking underground cave system. It is about 340 million years old and is the oldest cave system in the world. And, you will not see it in its entirety in a single weekend, you will need four to do it. Plus, the caves are intertwined by underground rivers and full of limestone formations.



A Camping Weekend

At about
2 hour driving distance, Lake Macquarie offers anything you need for a rich camping weekend. You can rent a cabin or put up your own tent. Of course, if you prefer tents, make sure you visit a camping store and bring everything you may need. If you want additional activities, fishing , sailing, rock climbing and horseback riding will keep you busy for sure.





Once again, finding a great weekend getaway from Sydney is an easy task. There are so many places with different offers to visit that you could plan years ahead. All you need is a positive attitude and a will to experience something different. Enjoy yourselves and make it a habit.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.441s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0561s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb