Ularu to Ormiston Gorge via Kings Canyon


Advertisement
Published: July 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today we packed up and headed off to Kings Canyon, its a bright sunny day but the wind is still chilly. There are heaps of vehicles on the road heading in the same direction only a few don't have a caravan or trailer on behind.

Kings Canyon was lovely and we opted for the easier River Walk instead of the Rim Walk and saw the views from the canyon floor.

After a look at the map we decided to press on to Ormiston Gorge - the red sand and rocks slowed us down a bit and i am sorry i missed taking a photo of the 110km/hr sign on the red sandy road to show Tamo.

The drive was worth it when we pulled into Ormiston Gorge campground and were given the best camping sites ! Lucky for us the campgound was full and the caretaker directed us into the "overflow area" which was well away from the other campers. We also had showers and toilets a short walk away and a pit toilet right next to our campsite, we were even allowed to have a fire ! We loved it so much here we decided to stay two nights and spent the first day looking at the gorges and ochre pit not far up the road.




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb