Day 3


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Uluru
December 2nd 2015
Published: December 2nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

DUKKAH that's what the yummy herby stuff is! Hooray! And after googling it - a variation is made in.... CORNWALL of all places haha!! So guess where I'll be when I get back to the UK lol!
So today we were awake at stupid o'clock (4:30) ish presumably due to jet lag 😞 boo!
So after much trying to get back to sleep we gave up at 7ish and did the whole shower and get dressed stuff! (Standard!) We went for brekkie in the hotel - they had the usual stuff croissants cereal cooked... BUT then... They also had weird sushi lookin veggie roll ups, and cooked (like house special) rice - very odd!
After said odd brekkie we went for a walkabout into "town" to the supermarket and bought TIMTAMS! Yum! (Think a penguin bar but better and lots of diff flavours!) also had a look round the few little shops (I obviously wanted one of everything but not allowed - boo!)
We were very sad (well I was) to find out that the painting workshop by the Anangu people isn't on at the moment until after Christmas as its 'too hot'!! - quite surprised as they are aborigines I thought they just got on with it! But anyway!
We then went for a look in the 'Wintjiri arts and museum' which holds lots of local artists dot paintings and information on Uluru and kata tjuta, the local area and local fauna and flora which have become endangered or extinct due to foreign species and unauthorised bush fires not planned by the local Anangu tribe and national park rangers! Quite interesting! Of course all the hubster was interested in was the Kangaroo with huge boy parts!!! Typical male!! *chuckles out loud to self*
So as we now didn't have the afternoon taken up with painting (sob sob) we decided it was a good plan to sit in the "garden" and chill with books etc as you can see by the picture of the Hubster !
No sign of Mick (Dundee) though, told Dad, He thinks he must have gone walkabout!! Lol!
Mid 'do nothingness' The belly started to rumble so we went for some lunch! I had the Kangaroo slider and the hubster again had the burger! (Wagyu) which is like Kobe but not so much or something?!
After filling the bellies and getting back to our busy afternoon of nothing the hotel staff came by with a little bottle of bubbles and a card to say happy honeymoon which was nice! *drops phone as hooge uninvited beast flies across room*..........
Just had to evict said hooooge beetley dude from our room (whilst the hubster stood far away after we leapt off the bed!) I might add! Bleurgh they can stay away *shudders*
Anyway that's probably quite enough to have bored you with for now!
It's now 9pm so soon off to beebize for our silly o'clock trip to see the sunrise at Uluru!
Much Love
Cxxx



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



2nd December 2015

It all sounds fab - apart from the giant bugs. Try to vary the diet a bit , Andrew.

Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb