Uluru and Kata Tjuta


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Uluru
October 4th 2009
Published: October 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Doing the base walkDoing the base walkDoing the base walk

The clouds are very low!
So the next morning we were supposed to go the sunrise viewing of Uluru but the clouds were so low there was no point. Doc said he had never seen cloud on Uluru, so we were seeing something a bit different! We went to the base of Uluru to do the base walk all the way round. We started at 6.45am and completed the 9km walk. It doesn't look that big but it is! You can see how low the cloud was from my photo's - most of the rock was covered! But it had mostly lifted by the time we finished.

After that we went to the cultural centre where we learnt more about Urluru, the Aboriginal stories and the management of the area.

Kata Tjuta was next - the dome shaped rocks.

After that we packed up camp and drove to Kings Canyon and set up for the night in similar tents. We had trouble starting the fire; we ended up having to steal some fire from next door's! Some of us chose to swag it tonight but it was raining outside much to my disappointment so we settled for swagging in the kitchen instead. The swags were really comfortable and I had a much more comfortable night than the one before in the tent! Swags are like a huge sleeping bad but made of strong material with a mattress inside and a cover for your face if you need it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



5th October 2009

Like like like :D

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb