Kimberley Adventure


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Kulgera
August 6th 2009
Published: August 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 8 6/8/2009 Oodnadatta to Kulgera NT
Track very very rough in places - sharp rocks and in other places very sandy, corrugated with bull dust. We were glad to reach Marla today and get off the dirt and I think even the truck gave a sigh of relief.
Marla is the junction of the Stuart Highway and the Oodnadatta Track and consists of a Service Station complex of a pub, Post Office, supermarket and takeaway all in one.
We stayed at Marla for a while trying to update the blog page but the machine there would not allow uploading of files so we gave up. I did manage to catch up on emails and check the bank so all was not lost.
We travelled as far as Kulgera which was the first place we came to over the border of NT. Kulgera too was a small town with a Service Station, pub, restaurant and campground all in one. Camping was cheap only $11 and it was worth much more just for the hot shower.
We had tea, which was expensive for what you got, and a few ales at the pub.
Tomorrow we head for Ayres Rock.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

DustDust
Dust

Brian want to show how much dust you leave behind. No chance of being able to see!
Wedge tail eagle 1Wedge tail eagle 1
Wedge tail eagle 1

We started to see a lot of wedge tail eagles along the Oodnadatta track and into NT. Huge wing span!
NT BorderNT Border
NT Border

We made it!
Speed limit signSpeed limit sign
Speed limit sign

Speed limit on this Stuart Highway 130km per hour.
Road Train signRoad Train sign
Road Train sign

We passed a few road trains. Most have three trailers but we did spot one with 4.
Moon rise Moon rise
Moon rise

Huge full moon - awesome.


Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb