Day 107 Australia, Kings Canyon, Alice to Adelaide tour!!


Advertisement
Published: March 10th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi Bloggers,



A 5.30am wake up before a quick breakfast laid out by Sam (cereal, fruit bread, pancakes, etc..) and then we set off to walk the rim of Watarraka (the King Canyon).



It took 30 minutes to get there and we set off by about 7.30am. We accessed the lookout points and enjoyed the views of the gorge, sandstone walls and the immense size of the canyon.



On the walk we saw the renowned water hole known as the Garden of Eden. I hope the photos do it justice because it was spectacular (this was before we found we had lost all our photos of this walk L ). Going that early meant the temp was still low enough before they closed off all the walks.



Up at the top we saw Christian, Greydon, Jenny and Emil from our last tour. They had already been to Uluru, and so had finished their tour and were heading back to Alice that evening. Emil gave me his fly net hat, which is very useful as there are sooo many flies around your face all the time.



After a good 6-mile walk (one girl in the group didn't make it past 50m and had to wait for 3 hours at the bottom for us all) we had lunch back at the campsite.



We then drove from kings Canyon to Uluru, this was a good 3 hour plus drive.



We had dinner in a car park while the sunset over Uluru, it was nice as we all had a beer and it was a chilled out evening. Dinner was awesome some mix of stuff pasta a sauce Sam put together (He is a great cook, sorry Mel and Jerry)



After we headed to our campsite, we all showered, chatted and then rolled out our swags for another nigh under the stars!!!



We all had a few beers in the evening



Good night



Love V&N xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb