Day 108 Australia, Uluru sunrise and Kaja Tjuta, Alice to Adelaide tour!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Kata Tjuta
March 3rd 2015
Published: March 10th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everyone,



Woke at 5am, and left the campsite by 5.30am to head to a look out point of Uluru for the sunrise.

We had a breakfast of beaked beans, cereal, toast and fruit bread at the look out point at around 6.30am.



Our main part of the day was to walk Kata Tjuta, it is called the Valley of the Winds walk (including the Karu and Karingana lookout points), 7.4km 3 hours. It was spectacular!!! We took so many amazing photos but they have disappeared off the camera and computer, we are devastated and hope to get some off the others on the tour. I took some off the internet to show you how amazing it was!!!



We had an early lunch at a local picnic site- Mexican nachos…delicious.



In the afternoon we went in the local pool for 2 hours. It was so needed as it was boiling hot and it cooled us all right down!!



We then headed to the Uluru culture center. We watched a long film there on the Aboriginal people and how the white man ruined their life!!! We saw lots of artifacts from the old days and learnt about there history. We really wanted some artwork there but it was 490 dollars and too big to carry for another 7 months!!!



We got dropped of at a sunset lookout of both Kata Tjuta and Uluru. The views were amazing and luckily took photos on our mobiles so still have them!!





Dinner was BBQ chicken, burgers, courgette, onions and butternut squash, mash and broccoli. Again it was amazing!!!



Neil and I quickly did our share of the washing up then headed to shower. A few people in the group definitely don't pull their weight with the cleaning up so we did our bit and left or we would have ended up doing most of it again.



Very early in bed due to another wake up of 430am. So so hot! Still 38 degrees at 8pm.





Love V&N x


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0305s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb