Kings Canyon Day 13


Advertisement
Published: August 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We had a good rest with our extra blankets and set out to complete the additional walks around the Kings Canyon Resort. The weather was cool but clear. The first walk was the Kings Canyon Valley walk, where we could view the canyon walls we had seen from the rim yesterday. This walk was much easier on the body. We next went down the road to the Kathleen Springs and walked up the valley to the spring. This area had been home to the Aboriginals and was later farmed as it had a secure water supply for the cattle. After lunch we walked around the Kings Canyon Resort Ridge Walk - a mini experience of the main canyon rim walk but much easier on the body. This will be our last night at this resort so we are having a buffet dinner at the restaurant.
Poor Graham the dinner is costing $49 dollars a head so he is counting his pennies!!!!!
I have been delighted with the way Graham has been able to do all the walks and the big climb which was at 35 degrees. It has been a real confidence booster for him as he now knows that his lungs are capable of doing lots for him.
Go for it Graham!!!
The dinner was a real disappointment and I must say a waste of money.
Our room was also a disappointment, a faulty fridge, faulty plug in the basin, clothesline did not work, sheets on the bed were dirty and the hot water was just lukewarm



Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Unusual fruit or vegetableUnusual fruit or vegetable
Unusual fruit or vegetable

Nobody ate this fruit or vegetable. Animals and birds didn't touch either, so it must be highly toxic.


Tot: 0.615s; Tpl: 0.031s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.5396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb