Kings Canyon Day 12


Advertisement
Published: August 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Kings Canyon Rim WalkKings Canyon Rim WalkKings Canyon Rim Walk

This was a very steep walk. Graham managed it very well, I puffed a little.
Today we arose after a cold night and went down to do the Kings Canyon Rim Walk. This is advertised as suitable for fit walkers and it was with a little trepidation that we started up the steep face to the top of the canyon wall. Once we got to the top the views were spectacular and the walk traversed different environments. They were a mixture of the Kirigini Gorge and the Bungle Bungle sandstone domes. The recent rains had left water in the gorge streams and everything was very green. During the walk we met a lovely English couple who we discovered have been to many of the Middle Eastern Countries we have been to.
We are going to send them information about the drive we did from Darwin to Perth as they want to do that trip. Clumsy clogs Sandra fell over on the Kings Canyon walk, and we thought for a while she has done some damage to her knee but it turned out ok.
The walk took 4 hours and we returned to our expensive accommodation to spend the night with an extra blanket to keep out the cold.
We also met a lovely Aussie couple while we were out for a walk around the Kings Canyon Resort. We had decided to sit down in the sun for a while and have a drink. An hour later we all went on our merry ways.



Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Sandra coming down the cliff.Sandra coming down the cliff.
Sandra coming down the cliff.

We missed the turn off for the steps and ended up scrambling down the cliff!!!!
WashingWashing
Washing

Our front deck good to dry washing.


Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0578s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb