Moving on ...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Katherine
August 8th 2009
Published: August 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We've had a nice stay in Katherine, catching up, cleaning up, and catching our breath. We spent a good bit of the day yesterday by the pool - we always see someone there who we've met somewhere before on our travels.

Some caravan parks, mostly in Queensland, have evening entertainment. We knew there were things on here so last night we went to the outdoor bistro beside the pool to have a look. At happy hour there was a bush poet, quite funny, in fact we realised we have one of his CDs which someone gave us. Later in the night there were singers - a husband and wife duo. They were very good - one or two couples even got up and danced on the little square of timber that was on the grass! It was all very pretty with the lights strung through the trees and the pool lit up.

Today we begin the long and lonely drive down to Tennant Creek and then over to Mt Isa in Queensland. I think we've got about two and a half thousand kilometres till we get to Townsville and I don't know if we'll get good computer reception or
Lovely big fig treeLovely big fig treeLovely big fig tree

In the Bistro area
bad along the way. We might have a swim in the springs at Mataranka as we pass today and tonight we may be camping in Daly Waters ... mmm... Saturday night camped at Daly Waters pub ... we may even free camp before or after Daly Waters.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0711s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb