Darwin (Thursday 19th June – Friday 27th June)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Darwin
June 27th 2008
Published: November 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

It is hard to believe, but we are actually on the road headed for Darwin, back in familiar ‘territory’. We timed our arrival in Darwin with a much anticipated visit to the Mindal Beach Markets for some tasty tucker.
It is with some sadness that we pull into Darwin knowing that our WA adventure has come to an end, but with excitement that we can spend a week catching up with family and friends visiting favourite locations.
Highlights of our week in Darwin:
•A much anticipated meeting with Uncle Luke and Beth and seeing their new home.
•A tasty dinner of luksa, crepes, smoothies etc at Mindal Beach Markets.
•A long awaited shopping expedition for Caz and Tahlia for some territory bargains.
•Dinner and catch up with Mark, Alex, Annalise and Thomas and the transfer of WA knowledge as they set out for a year on the road.
•Matt and Luke head out to the old fave fishing location - The Wildman - for a couple on nights. Finally some barramundi is caught!
•Carrie entertains the girls with a stroll along the Darwin mall, visit to the museum, trip to the movies and a play at the water park.
•Spending a few nights at Sam and Jenny’s and enjoying nights up chatting and days relaxing at their beautiful tropical home with lots of room to play and explore for the girls.
•Enjoying a peaceful day sleep on the hammock on the balcony. A very rare occurrence!
•Drinking coffee at our fave old haunts ‘Cool Spot’ and ‘Cornucopia’.
It was wonderful to spend a week in Darwin and best of all to catch up with Luke and Beth and Sam and Jenny. Than you for your wonderful company and for sharing your peaceful homes with this busy, rowdy family.



Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb