Darwin


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Darwin » City of Darwin
December 14th 2011
Published: December 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

111

Darwin
The mosquitoes and the hot humid weather has finally taken its toll on us... inititally we planned 5 days in Litchfield, but after 2 days sleeping at night inside the campervan and also some hours outside the car feeding mosquitoes, we decided to head straight to Darwin...

Darwin itself is not big and night life concentrates around the few main streets where the backpackers are based. We found a shared accommodation at $23 per night, shared between 8 people, which was really good, considering we have been sleep in a campervan for the last few weeks and I had the experience of sharing a 26 people dorm in Perth, so this was luxury... Around the backpackers, there are lots of cool drinking places to hang out... During the day, if you are not hang over, take a self guided walk around the Esplanade to take view of the Darwin harbour and then go by the parliament house and go further to check out the marina and the wave pool... the wave pool is pretty cool, cost $6 for half day entry and it is right next to the beach... This walk should take about 3 hours...

Other than that, there are not much to do, it is probably only worthwhile spending 2-3 days in Darwin, just to refresh up after your long trip and to plan for the up coming adventure, but you will probably be bored out of your minds if you stay there for 2 weeks, unless you are working...


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 18; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb