29th February 2008


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Darwin » City of Darwin
February 29th 2008
Published: February 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

29th February 2008
We have decided to have rest day and so we didn't get up until 7.00 clock. We finished the diary for 28th feb and went to have some breakfast at a nice cafe we found last night. I finished off the photos for the log and we both decided to get our hair cut. Bob went off to load the blog and we met up after we were shorn.
We have booked in to the Darwin Central for our last two nights in Darwin as it is much more central than our present hotel and was reccomended by Em. We couldn't get in there for our first two nights as it was booked out. There must have been something on for those nights. While we were waiting to check in we walked around the Esplanade and looked out over the harbour where the ships were sunk in the war during a bombing raid by the Japanese. The tidal range in this harbour is very great and about 8 metres. We contiued our walk to the Botanical Gardens. They are magnificent but we were exhausted by walking 3 km in the sultry heat so we called a cab to get us back for our luggage and then transferred to the Central Hotel. It is very good with a nice pool and easy access to all the good eating places and the centre of town.
We have just booked up a half day trip up the Adelaide River to see the jumping crocs for tomorrow. Although we would have liked to see the Katherine Gorge or Lichfield Park they are full day tours starting at 6.00 am and ending around 8.30pm and we have done rather a lot of coach sitting for now.Distances are long when you are sightseeing up here. We shall just have to come back as there is so much to see.
We have just had a walk down to see the sun setting over the harbour and the fruit bats coming into to town to feed on the fruit trees.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



1st March 2008

Recon you should get your money back from the barber!! See you in a couple of days

Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1243s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb