Permits to visit Arnhem Land


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Arnhemland
September 8th 2009
Published: September 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Permit to visit Injalak Arts and Crafts Association

At the time of writing, this permit can be obtained from the Northern Lands Council Offices in Darwin or Jabiru at a cost of $13.20.
The office can be found in the Government Office Block, Flinders Street, Jabiru. Tel 08 8938 3000

The permit must be obtained before you travel to Injalak. Be sure to plan your visit and take into account the tidal times as you will need to use Cahills Crossing to enter Arnhem Land.

Basic details are required for the permit and a permit is required for each person making the journey.

The permit allows you to travel to Injalak but does not permit you to stop your vehicle en-route or to take any other route than the one indicated to you at the time of permit issue. Once you cross the East Alligator River at Cahills Crossing you will be leaving Kakadu National Park and entering Arnhem Land and permit conditions for travelling through Aboriginal Land apply.

We have successfully obtained and used the above permit to travel to Injalak Arts and Crafts - it was an excellent experience.

Permit to visit Cobourg Peninsula Sanctuary and Marine Park

Information on obtaining this permit is available via the excellent Bowali Visitors Centre or the Northern Lands Council Offices in Darwin or Jabiru.

The actual permit is issued by the Parks and Wildlife Commission of the Northern Territory and is only supplied between May and October. At the time of writing the cost of the permit was $232.10 per vehicle for up to seven nights which covered up to five passengers.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.389s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 18; qc: 140; dbt: 0.1797s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb