Alice Springs-by Grace


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Alice Springs
September 3rd 2011
Published: September 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Stanley ChasmStanley ChasmStanley Chasm

Sun shining through.
We spent 4 nights at Alice Springs and had the best time. Every night the Aboriginals lit a big fire on the McDonnell Ranges. They did it so that they could have new growth for food and medicines. At times it got really smokey. We stayed at a Big4 Caravan Park and met lots of people. Some were from Vic and some from Qld. Together we went on the Go-karts, Jumping Pillow and in the pool. We went on a walk in the Stanley Chasm which was beautiful. At 12 noon every day the sun goes straight overhead and shines through the Chasm. When this happens the walls of the Chasm go really red. When you go through the McDonnell Ranges you think you will get trapped but you eventually go through a gap and end up in Alice Springs.The Todd river runs through Alice but there unfortunately is never any water in it. Lots of Aboriginals camp in the Todd river. On Friday night the park had a Outback Singer come and preform some songs.On Sunday we went for pancake breakfast and then we had to go. It was sad to go because we had made lots of good friends.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1015.4kb