Fun at Bojangle's...


Advertisement
Published: May 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Pianosupernova...Pianosupernova...Pianosupernova...

This is now the fourth piano that I have touched in Australia, thought I'd try a new angle to play from this time. Shame about the loud location it was in and the pink champagne...
Well Alice Springs was not what I expected...I imagined it to be a lot bigger and maybe cleaner too...
I stayed at a hostel with my German friend Daniela from the expedition. Seemed strange to have an outdoor pool at the hostel, guess I'll see alot more of that the further north I travel...

Everyone from the expedition met up at a place called Bojangles, for dinner and drinks. It was a real outback place but in the middle of the town. With saloon type swinging doors and peanuts on the tables which you could just chuck the shell on the floor...every step was a crunch in there! The toilets were strange too, with door handles on the wrong sides and the sinks tap not controlling your sink, but one say the other end...was a quirky little place...i liked it...

My few days in Alice, I spent going to the School of the Air, which is the base for the broadcasting of this service. It's amazing to think all these children, incredible amounts of kilometres away are learning from this interactive teaching on their computers...and to think that years ago it was just done using UHF radio, the first ones needing pedals to get them working! I also went to the Royal Flying Doctor Base, it was even more interesting after experiencing what we did in the accident...

We went to visit An in hospital and he actually only has severe brusing and is now out on crutches (we saw him in bojangles). It seemed so strange seeing him out, as I can only picture him really in the seat of the car, holding his hand and telling him my life story...which he has no recollection of... I was so happy to see him looking so well then, and just hope Ken the guy in the passenger seat comes out okay...

Advertisement



4th May 2006

Percentages
you know what they say about peanuts on the bar....amazing that you mention these then say about the toilets....work it out. anyway you are smellycat! liking the new style of playing piano, try playing mary had a little lamb at the same time!....im off now coz im ealing to do a job then mooch about, i'll see if i can check out a few uni places!...then again maybe i wont.....keep it real, peace out....mmmmwwwaaahhh pib x
4th May 2006

Glad your Safe and well
Hey Lucy, We are really enjoying your journals and love looking at your photo's and look forward to seeing all the others when you come home.Its so amazing all the things you are seeing and experiencing, some fantastic and others life changing and very scary,Keep on have a fantastic time and having fun, you are in our prayers. Take care Love From All The Garland Familyxxx
5th May 2006

Peanuts...
They were actually still in the shell Nigel! Just like the monkey nuts that we used to feed to the squirrels with Nan :)
6th May 2006

Piano !
Glad to see you safe and well..........not too much of the champagne and wine please!!!!!! you look a bit worse for wear in the photo......remember a certain wedding.........I will say no more!!!!!!!!l Love mum xxxx

Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0823s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb