Byron 5.0


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Norfolk Island
March 13th 2014
Published: April 12th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Captain Byron

When you're a pirate, the choice of party is easy. Invite a few sea-dogs and damsels, and the rest is easy. Of course, a bit of treasure is appreciated, as well as the occasional duel.

Turning FIVE years old was a long time coming for Byron. He has seemed to think of himself as older, more capable and more autonomous than his tender years have suggested. But now that he is officially five, all that has changed.

Byron is his own chap - he rarely holds the handrails, he rides his scooter as fast as it will go, and to let off steam he challenges his father to a sword fight, which is usually preceded by a sneak attack!

To mark his entry to the mature ranks of those in their fifth transit orbit the sun, we had a birthday breakfast. But not without first witnessing the unwrapping of Byron's festive feast of birthday loot, which included so many nice things that he was momentarily awe struck. Lego is a great gift, but should be confined to children who can assemble it, or who have parents with that ability. Byron's case initially satisfied neither, but with Byron's guidance we got through it.

The birthday, like the five years that preceded it, went too quickly. And like those years, it was a lot of fun.


Additional photos below
Photos: 83, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb