Colleen McCullogh’s house, Kingston by car and Island Fish Fry


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Norfolk Island » Kingston
February 11th 2021
Published: June 22nd 2022
Edit Blog Post

Today we had a tour of Colleen McCullogh’s house. Her husband still lives in the top storey. The bottom storey is full of her lifetime of collecting. Glass, paintings, sculptures. We were given a tour and explanation of the works on display and a glimpse into the woman. Our guide was an actor from the previous nights play . Another example of the multiple roles people play.

In the afternoon Kevin had a hire car so we drove around the island and revisited some sites. In Kingston we saw a great retrospective photo exhibition run by Lions of early life in NI. We also saw some masked boobies on the headland.

That night we were collected by the bus for the Island Fish Fry. We had to sit undercover due to the possibility of rain. The fish fry is an island institution where local fish is deep fried and served with salads, dessert, tea and coffee. Delicious.

We were entertained by a guitarist/singer Trent, a Pitcairner and then later by the Bounty Beauties - a dance troupe who have revived Polynesian dancing, NI style . Girls of 3-18 can be members of the troupe.

We had a great night


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Some of her porcelain collectionSome of her porcelain collection
Some of her porcelain collection

No photos to be taken inside
Leadlight windowsLeadlight windows
Leadlight windows

No photos to be taken inside


Tot: 0.407s; Tpl: 0.043s; cc: 17; qc: 85; dbt: 0.1297s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb