Day 6 - Norfolk Island at last!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Norfolk Island » Burnt Pine
March 3rd 2008
Published: March 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

FroggieFroggieFroggie

I think this is one of the froggies they put in at the Sydney airport for the Olympics. Isn't he cute?
Hi Everyone!
Well we are here at last!!!!

We were tossed out of our room at the Mercure in Sydney earlier than we wanted this morning because MrC didn’t understand that they assumed if you paid for your room you were on your way out of the hotel….. so MrC being MrC paid our bill up after breakfast so you guessed it we were out of there when we had told them we would like the room til late check out. Seems its one of those chain hotels who is perpetually cleaning changing rooms and then putting guests back in them straight away 24 hours a day. Anyway we sat in the TV room/Business Office room for an hour while we waited for the Airport shuttle bus.

While we did that we caught up with lots of folks coming to Norfolk Island for a Family Reunion …fancy that!
Was lovely to meet some of the folks that we are to spend a few days with. we also met our pilot as he was staying at the same hotel, he had been flown over from Perth just to do our runs to Norfolk Island.

Anyway the wait at the
Big Plastic tubBig Plastic tubBig Plastic tub

At the Rooty Hill Holiday Inn MrC thinks its to take the dead bodies away...LOL
airport was done chatting to others we found along the way that were coming to the reunion too, I think MrC is having the time of his life realising that we are all related… usually the conversation starts… “where are you from and which Child do you belong to? It’s lovely I am going to have to write it down for MrC so he knows which way he comes down the family line.

We were a happy group who came over on the plane tonight, it was completely full and it was an excited lot who got off the plane. I know some folks got left behind but they will be arriving on the 11.20 flight out of Sydney tomorrow morning.

It was very dark when we got here, and what did we need? The first thing they told us to bring with us..LOL a torch! Glen our host from the "Bounty Lodge" meet us at the airport with our car for the week and we followed him along the road in the dark..no street lights here that I noticed, and we got shown to our rooms and first question was about internet….. well we do as you
Foyer - Level 6Foyer - Level 6Foyer - Level 6

This is the hallway you walk out into when you get off the elevators...wow!
can see…

Sheline I think its even broad band here…. Want to come and live here.. heehee pppfftthhh to you to…LOL

So to have a nice cool shower as we are both tired hot and crotcherty. If I could find a pool I would use it.

Ah to be here at last!

RELAXATION TIME COMING UP!

Enjoy the piccies!



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Departure GateDeparture Gate
Departure Gate

Finally getting on a plane!
Norfolk Island PlaneNorfolk Island Plane
Norfolk Island Plane

This is the plane we travelled in to Norfolk Is and boy was it packed!
Sydney Harbour Bridge and Opera HouseSydney Harbour Bridge and Opera House
Sydney Harbour Bridge and Opera House

Finally a not too good smokey look at the Bridge and Opery Housie.
Let us in papers.Let us in papers.
Let us in papers.

Heehee to get into Nofolk Island you have to fill in allllllll these papers.... this is the cover!
Reverse sunsetReverse sunset
Reverse sunset

Took this great colours out the window of the plane as we were flying away from the sunset!
Nofolk Island at last!Nofolk Island at last!
Nofolk Island at last!

Sign - the first thing you see as you get out of the plane.


Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb