The Artist's Touch


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
September 2nd 2014
Published: September 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Reflections of Life & Landscape Reflections of Life & Landscape Reflections of Life & Landscape

Reflections you see on the surface of the water are more than a mirror image. There is mystery, depth, elusiveness, a constant changing with myriad of colours. Judy feels as if she needs to plunge in, to immerse herself deeper into the reflection, what secrets does it hold? Like life, the more you explore and submerge yourself, the more mystery and magic you find. (description taken from Judy's exhibit)
September 2 - Judy’s touch is evident throughout her home and around the property. Just steps from the back door is her studio – a veritable cornucopia of all things ‘art’! It is what I’ve always thought an artist studio should look like with paints, brushes, and bits and pieces that might someday be woven into a piece of art.



The house with its large walls and 12’ ceilings provide Judy with a canvas to create. Bright, bold colors adorn the walls and provide wonderful backdrops to the numerous pieces of art that is thoughtfully displayed. Each piece has a story to tell (If only I had the many months I would need to hear them all!) I felt a sense of warmth, home, thoughtfulness and an ever-present sense of fun and whimsy – perfectly matching its owners.



Later in the day we stopped at the Maitland Regional Art Gallery for lunch and a tour. The building itself is a blend of both historic and modern. Judy worked and volunteered at the gallery for 10 years. She recently ‘retired’, but she is still ‘there’ (and, I suspect, will be ‘there’ for many more years to come.) In fact, her name is on the front of the building as she is one of its current exhibitors. It was such a great experience to be in Australia when her art was on display, and such a priviledge to have her guide us into ‘her world.’



See more photos below.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

EssenceEssence
Essence

David caught it here!


Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0232s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb