Day 54: Eurobodolla Coast‏


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
February 1st 2013
Published: February 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We said our goodbyes to Hannah & Steffan (who had been excellent hosts for a week) and departed Sydney mid-morning. Our original plan was to spend a couple of hours on Bondi beach, but the storm was flaring up again so we took a quick picture, ate our lunch and continued heading south. We pulled over at a town called Kiama, as recommended by Alison; here there is a blow hole on the coast where the sea is forced up though the rocks in a spectacular eruption. By this point it was raining hard and the waterproof jackets were on! We got back on the road and reached our final destination: Durras North on the Eurobodolla coast. The beaches and campsites here are full of kangaroos that come out from the national park. Although they're only meant to be out at dusk and dawn, they were still there (along with some wild bunnies) at 10pm.

Bailey's bit: We had a great week in Sydney with Steffan and Hannah, it was so good to see them! Only 1000+ km to go to Melbourne now and plenty to see between here and there. The rainy and windy weather made it a suitable day for driving. The blow hole was on full show and provided us with a few 'eruptions' during our fleeting visit. The kangaroos where we stayed were plentiful while at the same time fairly tame allowing us to get extremely close.

Daily mileage: 5.5 I pieced together the various runs I had done over the past week to loop round all of Manly including the wharf and finished down Manly beach.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0276s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb