Day 7 - singing in the rain


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
April 24th 2011
Published: April 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This morning I woke up to the sound of heavy rain,which i suppose in the grand scheme of things was pretty good going, a week after I arrived. However, it scuppered a few of our plans to go rollerblading or kawakying around Manly.
So Plan B - shopping around Manly, which is always a suitable alternative in my book. The unfortunate thing is that the exchange rate is very poor at the moment, for stirling so everything seems so expensive. Whilst the last time I was here $20 roughly changed £20 it is now closer to £16 which isnt so good.
After that we headed up to North Head. This is an area high up at the top of the cliff at the opening to the harbour. It gives a fantastic view of the city which apparently looks amazing at night when all lit up. It is a popular viewpoint for people to watch both the fireworks on NYE and the Yacht race on Boxing Day of the Sydney to Hobart Race. It is also a popular spot for a bit of courting!
For some reason I was really tired today and maybe all the to ing and fro ing has caught up with me as although it was saturday night , I had brought few wee saturday night outfits by half eight i was fast asleep on the sofa - oops sorri christine!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb