Travel Blog-5 to 11 May(Gloucester to Iluka)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
May 12th 2008
Published: May 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


A week when we left the high country and came down to the coast.Monday in Port Mac Quarrie before getting the caravan serviced there Tues.PM seemed like a bigger version of the Mount and we were not too sorry to leave.Spent the next 2 days at Arakoon near South West Rocks and found it an idyllic little spot with sandy beaches and sea crashing into rocks-water clarity spectacular.The camp site was in a nat. park and one evening Janet went outside the van to find 11 kangaroos gathered.Fishing was unrewarding-small bream.we continued up the coast-pausing briefly at Coffs Harbour and continuing to Iluka at the mouth of the very large Clarence River.We paused there 3 nights in a Nat Pk camp without water/power which tested us.Another wonderful stay with white sand beaches and rocks all in a small confine.Fishing produced a shark and small bream.Sunday, mother's day, we walked the beaches and rocks 5km to town for a seafood lunch and then back to camp.This week we will surely make it across the border to Queensland after seeing Byron Bay and Tweed Head.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.24s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb