Travel Blog-12 to 18 May(Iluka to Toowoomba)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
May 18th 2008
Published: May 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well we have made Queensland and are now at Toowoomba,a city about the size of Tauranga.We stayed a couple of nights at New Brunswick just north of Byron Bay and explored BB and surrounds-a back packer's paradise by all account.The water at BB was as clear as I've seen sea water.We then headed across the border and inland to a small town Canungra and stayed 4 nights.We used this as a base for two lengthy walks in Lamington Nat. Park on consec. days.At about 5000ft this rainforest was hugely scenic and not surprising it has World Heritage status.On the 2nd day-at Binna Burra-we did a 12 k walk and then a 5k one but my feet were tender and I changed into sandals-bad decision as 5m in front of me a red bellied black snake crossed the path-5ft long.Janet thought I was being dramatic in my reaction but google "Aust. snakes" to check it out!The great cheetah spotter(Janet)also sighted our first koala and we also saw a few pademelons-cute little wallaby type creatures.Yest. we toured the Gold Coast and walked along Surfers-and got stiff necks looking up at all the tall apartment buildings.Today we cruised up and over the Great Dividing Range and are some 250ks inland.Last night was a storm in SE Qld and we copped rain and wind but stayed dry.Today has been clear,windy and cool.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb