Wollongong


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Wollongong
February 24th 2006
Published: April 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

SunsetSunsetSunset

One of the beautiful sunsets at North Beach. Some morning we want to see the sun rise over the ocean if we can get up early enough. There are beautiful rock formations scattered over the beach but most of it is beautiful and sandy.
This is our home in Wollongong. We live in International House at the University of Wollongong. We are just an hour and a half away from Sydney by train. International House is convieniently located halfway between the University and the beach... we've definately been taking advantage of the location! We didn't take any photos of our rooms because they are small, dorm like, and gross and we didn't want you to feel bad for us. Just kidding! But really they are not exciting... and kind of gross. Wollongong isn't that exciting of a place to live, but its got a good location and the weather is georgeous. Here are a few pictures of the beach near our place... the campus is also beautiful and looks like a zoo. We haven't taken any pictures yet.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Tide poolTide pool
Tide pool

Here's a view of the beach with the tide pool to the right of the picture. They built a little pool that is natural stone on the bottom. The waves crash over a little wall and you can just soak in the pool without getting smashed by the sometimes 8 foot high waves.It really is a surfer's paradise. There's a view of the beach towards the back of the picture.
Light HouseLight House
Light House

Here's the Wollongong light house at North Beach.


Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb