Orientation Week


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns
February 6th 2006
Published: April 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Kangaroo!Kangaroo!Kangaroo!

These cute little buggers just run around the zoo and you can feed them pellets out of ice cream cones
After our 24 hour journey to Australia we arrived in Cairns to 95 degree humid weather. We started our week of snorkeling in the great barrier reef. I don't have any pictures because i had to take it on an underwater camera but it was unbelieveable. There were fish of every color everywhere and the coral was amazing. We saw sting rays, sea cucumbers and jelly fish. We also got to enjoy a nice boat ride out to the reef and got massive sunburns.

Next we went to a zoo in cairns where we got to see all of the awesome animals in australia, excluding platypus and the spiny anteater 😞. We got to hold a koala bear and pet a kangaroo. The funniest part was that even though they had parrots at the zoo they are wild here and we see them all the time. Here a few pictures.

So we just got to meet all of our fellow wollongonger's and get used to some of the cultural differences before flying down to our new home for a while... Wollongong.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

croccroc
croc

Crikey! Steve Irwin's a wanker, or so everyone in Australia claims. Notice the whole chicken the trainer is holding! When the Croc shuts his mouth he makes a popping sound from the force of it closing.


21st April 2006

What fun.
You guys seem like you are having the time of your lives! We would love to go to a zoo where the the animals are so accesible.

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb