Wagga Wagga to Walla Walla


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Wagga Wagga
March 29th 2015
Published: April 5th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Wagga Wagga to Walla WallaWagga Wagga to Walla WallaWagga Wagga to Walla Walla

Moonie, staring at me!!
The reason we came over to the East was for our friends wedding we attended in Tarcutta and now the wedding was all done and dusted, literally we had the freedom to catch up with all of our fiends and there was no way we were going to travel this far and not make it a great event.



Obviously our first stop was the farm, (My Spiritual Home) I just love the isolation of the farm, though only 60 K’s from Wagga Wagga, its tranquil, beautiful and a haven for peace and quiet.



When we arrived I was so delighted to see Helen and Robert again after nearly two years away, they both looked very well, the thing I love about Helen is her no drama, no fuss approach to everything, from a splinter to the loss of an arm, nothing would phase this amazing lady, oh yes did I forget to mention her amazing culinary skills, they are just awesome.



The dogs are all present and correct, they greeted us in their usual affectionate way, the only difference we noticed was at night when something disturbs them in their dog slumber,
Wagga Wagga to Walla WallaWagga Wagga to Walla WallaWagga Wagga to Walla Walla

Dee and Lee at their new home
there is a howler, and when they start barking one of them howls along, which I think is quite funny, Helen thinks its Gil, Gil is a new dog to the Woodstock dog Chorus and he gets his name from the Gilmore family where he came from.



So we had decided to go to Walla Walla on Sunday to see Deidre and Lee people whom we met in Yakandanda on the 31st December 2012 whilst on our christmas holidays with Gypsy.



We hit it off with these guys straight away when we camped at a fantastic little Caravan Park and enjoyed New Years eve together and if my memory is correct they came to us for a Chicken Curry.



Since us leaving New South Wales on our journey West, Caroline has kept in touch with Deidre and as I said we were only 130K’s away from them so it would have just been rude not to catch up with them. Just remember catching up with friends is no easy feat as there is always usually a long distance involved in this country.



The drive to Walla Walla is
Wagga Wagga to Walla WallaWagga Wagga to Walla WallaWagga Wagga to Walla Walla

Dee with Moonie, whilst Caroline gets the shot
quite spectacular its very dry and brown at the moment but you go through some great places such as Henty, Uranquinty and Lockheart.



When we were about ten Kilometres away, we saw a sign for Walla Walla, that said population 700, how sweet and we drove in to the tiny town under the navigational skills of Caroline.



When we arrived, they were at their new house in the centre of Walla Walla a gorgeous home on just over a one acre block which they are in the process of renovating.



Last time we went to their place they were on a farm about 15 K’s out of town and if I remember correctly they rented this, which did not afford them any security so they decided to by their own home.



We were shown our room and went and set in their gorgeous alfresco area, and whiled away the afternoon chatting about each others lives.



Lee was cooking tonight and had a huge leg of lamb on the BBQ, along with all the accoutrements that go with such a dinner, it was marvellous, and marvellous to be with great people as well.



Deidre has a bitch Kelpie called ‘Moonie’ such a pretty girl who seeks affection from anyone who is prepared to dish it out, Caroline seemed to be the it person today as Moonie would not leave her alone.



When the evening had got cooler we reconvened inside and sat in the living room, by about 10.30 it was time for bed.



We woke to a fresh morning which technically was the first official day of our two weeks off and went and sat with Deidre and Lee who were having coffee, Lee was on an RDO (Rostered Day Off) from the company he works at and we just sat in the morning sun, enjoying the day.



Breakfast was mentioned and we all pricked our ears up and Lee sprang in to action and put the BBQ on for Bacon and eggs, with garlic mushrooms and cheese potatoes all with home made bread, what could be better.



The day was rolling on and we sadly left D& L’s house at about 11.30 with a couple of hours drive back
Wagga Wagga to Walla WallaWagga Wagga to Walla WallaWagga Wagga to Walla Walla

Moonie ready to pounce
to the farm, what an awesome visit we had guys thank you.



Until Next time



Kj

Advertisement



5th April 2015

Wagga to Walla
Lovely blog, guys. Love that country! I went to Yanco Ag School in the Riverina and Wagga was the closest big town. Also had mates from Lochart, and we went to the Henty Field Day each year. Enjoy the rest of your trip!
6th April 2015
Wagga Wagga to Walla Walla

Just posing
Hehehe, how well educated! Nice dog
6th April 2015
Wagga Wagga to Walla Walla

Just posing
Hehehe, how well educated! Nice dog

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb