Oura Beach Reserve, Wagga Wagga


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Wagga Wagga
September 27th 2012
Published: September 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Oura Beach ReserveOura Beach ReserveOura Beach Reserve

Setting up in the morning at Oura Beach campground
27TH September 2012

Woke up this morning to the sound of the Murrumbidgee River flowing at Oura Beach Reserve camping grounds. Just 20km out of Wagga Wagga and a picturesque view. Enjoyed breakfast before we went or a walk around the campgrounds. Made Malaysian noodles with egg and scones for lunch. I am not going without the modern ammentities and good food. Camping the Nicoll style. The weather however turned nasty in the early evening, it stormed and rained with such strong wind. I thought our roof top tents were going to fly away (luckily they are attached to the car). Two more days till my baby's (Alyssa) birthday.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

SconesScones
Scones

Naeshka's scones for morning tea
Malaysian fried noodlesMalaysian fried noodles
Malaysian fried noodles

The one meal Dan does well (Yum Yum!!!)
AyssaAyssa
Ayssa

Alyssa by the banks of the Murrumbidgee River
Sasha and AlyssaSasha and Alyssa
Sasha and Alyssa

The girls playing by the River
Oura Beach ReserveOura Beach Reserve
Oura Beach Reserve

Full camp setup after trip into town


29th September 2012
Oura Beach Reserve

Looks like everybody is having fun and eating well, the other campers are probably wishing that they we're eating lunch with you guys especially if those noodles smell as good as they look.
29th September 2012
Oura Beach Reserve

The other campers think that I have packed the kitchen sink, I like all the creature comforts, especially if it is for a long time.
30th September 2012

Happy Birthday Alyssa
We tried calling about midday today (one day late) but I guess you are all out of mobile phone range at this time. Anyway here's wishing a great birthday for Alyssa from Mum and me. Looking forward to hearing all your stories when you make it up this way. Great photos. Cheers...... Dad
2nd October 2012

Thanks mum and dad for the best wishes. Looking forward to coming up to the Gold Coast soon.
30th September 2012

hi !!!
hi guys! u look like u r having an AWESOME time! we have just come back from our "maiden voyage" to kangaroo valley. it was beautiful, however, the wind was howling and it was freezing cold at night and we didnt have enough blankets - needless to say it was a loooooong night. it was funny, around midnight a wombat decided to use our metal caravan step as a back scratcher - frightened the shit out of me !!! where did u camp? we were towards the back and the photo i texted u was our view. a beautiful view! we ironed out a few kinks !! - 2 square bowls for washing up OUTSIDE !, extra fold up table, different chairs, stuff like that. any suggestions for me that u have found? naesh, can you run this past dan for me? - our battery set up in the van is only for lights, fridge and anything that a 12v plug can run - none of the power points work only if we are plugged into a powered site. no probs for outback as we can work basics off gas but phil needs to plug in his snore machine and it doesnt have a 12v plug. what extra power source would dan recommend (we believe the snore machine will use a lot of power). where are you off to next? love, hugs and kisses, amanda (aka trailer trash !!!)
1st October 2012

Hi Amanda, Great view on the pic at Kangaroo Valley. We were towards the back of the campground. You tend to get better at setup and pack up at campgrounds the further along we go. if Spoke to Dan Amanda, he said if it is 240 Volts, use batteries at night like you normally would. The batteries will no doubt be flat in the morning, use a generator or solar panels to charge the batteries in the morning.

Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0905s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb