QUESTACON, CANBERRA


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Australian Capital Territory » Canberra
September 26th 2012
Published: September 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

26TH September 2012, packed up camp by 9am (departure time was orginally planned for 8am, but there was no rush). Set off to Canberra via Larry's Mountain Road, unfortunately the road was closed about 20km in. Had to back track to Canberra via the main road. Enjoyed a lovely morning tea at Mogo and arrived at Questacon in Canberra for a fun filled day. Spent the rest of the day driving around Canberra, viewing the new and old Parliament Houses. We were going to spend the night at Canberra but decided to head off to Wagga Wagga instead since it was only 2.5 hours away. Arrived at Oura Beach Reserve about 10pm and spent the night in our roof top tents.

Advertisement



27th September 2012

Great Grand Parents from Mogo
Did you guys know that Daniel's great grand-parents (my mother's parents) lived in Mogo? When I was a young pup there was nothing in Mogo aside from the little post office/store which was run by my uncle and aunt, Charlie and Mavis Bellette. Pop and Grandma Bellette also lived in Mogo in a tiny house when my mother was born in Moruya just south of Mogo. Dan's Grandma loved to say, "There's no go in Mogo!".
27th September 2012

Wow, how amazing, family in Mogo. Having an amazing trip so far, can't wait till we see you all in the Gold Coast soon.

Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0656s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb