Casino - Sawtell - Urunga


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Urunga
January 8th 2024
Published: February 24th 2024
Edit Blog Post

With the family catch-up done we packed our bags and loaded the car to head back towards the coast via Grafton. Our Godson, Lachlan, took a job in Coffs Harbour about six months ago so moved up to the NSW north coast for his work. Since we were (relatively) nearby we wanted to catch up with him before heading back to Melbourne. Just before Christmas he moved into a place of his own, so he very generously invited us to stay with him.

The plan was to meet him in Coffs Harbour for lunch and then go back to his place, but this morning Lachie suggested that we meet in Sawtell since he knows we like it so much. We were happy to meet in Sawtell and miss the business of Coffs. Although he has been in the area for six months, he has not ventured into Sawtell, so we introduced him to The Kiosk. OK, we are now officially overdosing on bacon with both of us unable to go past the BLATs for lunch AGAIN today. At least we arrived in Sawtell a little ahead of the time we had arranged to meet so we managed half an hour walking on the beach to close the exercise rings on our watches before we pigged out on bacon!!

After a lazy afternoon catching up with Lachie and his dog, Percy, at his lovely two-bedroom unit we walked down to the confluence of the Kalang and Bellinger Rivers and the wetlands. We walked part way along the boardwalk, but not all the way to the surf beach. We did walk all the way out to the beach in June last year so, with a strong wind blowing, we decided to head back to the pub for some dinner.

Parmas (although we are over the border so technically, parmis!) for the boys and crispy skin salmon and Asian slaw for me. We had Lachie to help with the garlic bread tonight. The serve in every place except one has been four pieces. That’s a good amount for four people, but really too much for the two of us when we are having a main meal after it. We need to travel with friends to help out with a garlic bread starter!!

We ate in the beer garden and Lachie was interested to see that there were several dogs in the beer garden. At the front of the pub there are signs that say No Dogs Allowed so Lachie has assumed that Percy could not accompany him. As we were leaving, he checked their dog policy, and he CAN bring Percy down with him provided he eats in the beer garden. Personally, given the number of bin chickens (white ibis) in the beer garden, I think it’s probably a good thing to allow dogs since they might discourage the bin chickens from roaming around on and under the tables??



Steps: 11,244 (7.23kms)


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0252s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb