Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
August 8th 2015
Published: August 8th 2015
Edit Blog Post

imageimageimage

Aaron and I at The Rocks
In keeping with tradition, we went to bed yesterday at 2pm, got up at midnight for a snack, went back to bed at 1:30am, and got up today at 5:30am. A bizarre schedule, yes, but very effective at getting us caught up on sleep and adjusted to the 17 hour time change (14 from Indiana)!
Thanks to ample rest, we hit the ground running today, and spent almost 12 hours out and about in Sydney. We started our day with a delicious breakfast at a local cafe and walked down George Street to The Rocks area of Sydney where there are beautiful views of the harbor, the bridge, and the opera house. We decided to walk across the harbor bridge, enjoying the views of the harbor and opera house along the way. Then we had lunch at a little cafe where colorful little parrots were stealing scraps of food that had fallen to the ground. We then walked to the opera house where we saw the play we had booked yesterday. It was just okay, but it was very cool to see a show in the opera house. I told Aaron I felt like I needed to continually pinch myself to remind me that I was actually sitting in the opera house in Sydney. Super cool experience! After the show was out, we decided to squeeze in the hop on, hop off bus tour so we could catch a ride to Bondi Beach. It was freeeeezing cold on the top of that bus, so we eventually moved inside. Unfortunately, not before we were each pooped on by a bird! Ugh. Only us!!! Bondi Beach was so incredibly windy and cold, but very beautiful. Six months ago we sat on a Tasman Sea beach in New Zealand and were amazed at the untamed wild nature of the sea. Today we saw the Tasman Sea from the Australian side at Bondi Beach. The same sea on this side is just as wild - huge waves crashing into rocks and cliffs - just beautiful! We walked around for a while, grabbed a meat pie with mashed peas for dinner, and caught the bus back into town. We stopped at the grocery store on the way back to our hotel, buying food to cook for breakfast in our little kitchen the next two mornings we are here. We are back now and pretty well tuckered out from the miles of walking we did today. One more day in Sydney tomorrow before we head up to Queensland on Monday!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb