Hanging around Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
March 28th 2014
Published: March 28th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We were greeted with more rain this morning, so we altered our plans for outdoor activities. We decided to go to the Museum of Contemporary Art. It is located next to Circular Quay next to the Overseas Passenger Terminal where the big cruise ships dock. See photo. The Rhapsody of the Seas was taking on new passengers today, so it was a busy time around there. We visited the art museum and viewed the regular exhibits as well as the special ones for the Bieniale of Sydney, an arts festival that occurs every other year. I will include photos of the two things I liked best. One is the floor covered in various bright colors of tape and the other is the Aboriginal paintings done on pieces of tree bark. I'm sorry to say that the other "installations" were over my head. After the museum, Maggie and I had lunch on Circular Quay and then took a ferry across the harbor. The rain had stopped, so we took a walk around a small bay (Lavender Bay) and then had dessert at a fancy restaurant that overlooks the harbor there. (See photo of the view from the ferry wharf near the restaurant) By the time we returned to the apartment, it was nearly 4:00. We did some laundry and then had cocktail hour out on the deck. The weather forecast shows some clearing in the next few days, so we are hopeful that, this weekend, we can do some of the outside stuff we have on our list.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb