Powerhouse Museum, Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
March 24th 2014
Published: March 24th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Maggie and I agree that, as far as either of us can remember, we have never spent a rainy day in Sydney ... until today. It was drizzling when we got up this morning, although when we first went out we didn't need umbrellas. Later in the day it poured buckets and water was sluicing down the streets. We were not caught in the worst of it, fortunately, but nonetheless we did need our umbrellas on the way home. We spent most of the day at the Powerhouse Museum which is Sydney's museum of science and industry with an emphasis on history. When we lived here, we were members of the museum and it was a treat to visit it again today. Some off it is just the same as when we were last here, but there are new additions, such a small section about smart phones. We had packed our lunch and ate PB&J in the (covered) picnic area. After lunch we walked across the street to an espresso place and had cappuccinos. (See photo) While we were there the heavens opened up and we decided to have a couple of cookies with our coffee while we waited for the thunderstorm to pass. After awhile we were able to venture out and looked around the museum some more. It's interesting how different exhibits strike one's fancy at different times. During this visit we particularly enjoyed the exhibits on the International Space Station and on the history of a rural store in 19th century New South Wales. We are back in the apartment now and will hope for drier weather tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb