Sydney II-Manly Beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
April 22nd 2005
Published: May 5th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Day two in Sydney. I don't think it would have mattered where we stayed. I slept wonderful. (I did have a nice nap on the plane, but work, class and travel preparations and anticipation didn't leave much time for sleep before I left.) We did stay at the Y at the Park (YWCA at Hyde Park). They provided very nice, clean quiet accomodations in a great location. We had a very nice morning wandering through the beautiful grounds of the botanical gardens. We wandered and wandered and stopped for many pictures. It is very peaceful there. You are surrounded by beautiful grounds, plants, trees, flowers and birds. You could spend hours and hours there, maybe days... amazing although the city center is just minutes from the gardens you start to wonder if you have somehow traveled far beyond the hustle and bustle of the city. While we would have liked to spend more time there we also wanted to see a few other things, so we left for a walk by the Opera House, on to Circular Quay and a ferry ride. We enjoyed a sunny ride across the harbor to Manly Beach. Upon return to Circular Quay we enjoyed a quick walk about The Rocks, one of the first established areas of the city. It is quite quaint with many boutique shops and cafes.

guest writer - Elizabeth


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Sydney Opera House.Sydney Opera House.
Sydney Opera House.

The night I arrived we were able to enjoy a performance at the Opera House.


Tot: 0.213s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 21; qc: 88; dbt: 0.0816s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb