MAGIC CARPET RIDE...embracing the World's oldest profession


Advertisement
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
August 30th 2013
Published: August 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

MAGIC CARPET RIDE... embracing the World's oldest profession. She approached with the coy look of someone used to getting her own way..."I want to make an offer" she said slightly demanding. But he did not look up...pretended he was busy...his turbaned head not tilting to her presence. "I offer $*** for these" she said...putting them under her arm as if the sale was assurred. He slowly loo... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 105, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

SMALL PERSIAN ARDABILSMALL PERSIAN ARDABIL
SMALL PERSIAN ARDABIL

Welcomes my feet out of bed each morning
CHINESE SILK PICTURE RUGCHINESE SILK PICTURE RUG
CHINESE SILK PICTURE RUG

Welcomes Denise's feet out of bed each morning



30th August 2013

travel
Thanks for this post,it is a rain drop post...i like it really ..because it contain all the information about the exact topic....thanks dear at all for sharing this information..I am intrigued with much of your information and am persuaded to agree with you after reading your material. I’m hoping you’ll add more articles on this topic.
30th August 2013

it is a rain drop post...i like it really
What a beautiful comment Vivek. Thank you.
30th August 2013

Magic Carpet Read
Even better a read for having seen many of them in person :-)
30th August 2013

Magic Carpet Read
All the way to Japan...so that's where that rug took you Jo.
30th August 2013

You hid them under the house?
Hope it was clean and dry. Oh my, Denise needs to keep a closer eye on you. Your rugs are amazing. We bought a small one in Nepal. Chasing the world's treasures can be fun and an adventure as you have experienced. Glad you were able to get some of your father's money refunded. Ride...that magic carpet.
30th August 2013

You hid them under the house?
The look on Denise's face when I brought them out on Christmas Day...boy oh boy...Did I get into trouble!!! She never let me forget that one!!! Nice rugs though. Lucky I only brought some of them out that day!!!
30th August 2013

Wow nice carpets! I wanna get some of those too!
30th August 2013

I wanna get some of those too!
Hi Perry...nice to hear from you. Find one you like, rub the corners between your fingers while looking away...then ride one home...and enjoy the ride!
31st August 2013

Lesson 2 amended...all oriental rugs are sold at liquidation sales...
which as you say are never liquidated. It was great to see your rugs again...a perfectly good addiction although expensive. Mastering bargaining with bargaining masters must have given you immense satisfaction. I also love oriental rugs...I could pass up the one I bought in Bukhara, Uzbekistan...how can one go there and not buy a rug from where it was made. My Dad got me our Tibetan rug when was in Lhasa in 1986...not sure if I will ever get there. I also have Native American and Mexican rugs. Again, loved your blog about one of your passions...next perhaps your wood sculpting!
31st August 2013

Lesson 2 amended...all oriental rugs are sold at liquidation sales...
Cannot agree to your amendment Bob...maybe if you replace "all" with "many" it could be Lesson 10...just ask my father! Great to hear of your love for rugs and exotic purchase in Uzbekistan. If one is not swayed by their beauty...just rub your toes in a handmade wool or silk rug...guaranteed to convert. And as for my woodcarving pursuits as a blog...now that's tempting.
31st August 2013

Native American and Mexican rugs
I'd like to see some pics of those Bob...maybe I could extend the house further for some of those...add to those I plan to get when we travel Turkey!
9th October 2013

Yummy!
How did I not notice. I assume I was so excited about meeting everyone at the get-together that I forgot to look around. Sylvia and I are lovers of real carpets too. We have a few that we leave on the floor (what is the point of a carpet if it doesn't keep your feet warm?) [photo=7689149]but one which we keep on the wall as too good to walk on. [photo=7689148] If you are interested, Afghan Interiors in Newtown is closing down "soon" (for real!). Their Kelims are up for grabs. We have bought from one of their partners (Matt Dickie) in the past and the value is first rate. BTW, Matt is still doing his carpet tours of Northern Iran. Next one is in April 2014. I can pass on details if you are interested. We would love to go.
9th October 2013

How did I not notice?
Mesmerised by good company John...much to see...having too much fun...didn't notice the rugs under your feet! Next time I'll give you a tour...might even let you ride one! Dangerous to advise me of rug shops closing...are you trying to get me into trouble? Or maybe you are forgetting...in the handmade rug trade...every day is a closing sale!
16th October 2013

Photos
Forgot photos don't appear in the comments. Have a look at my random photo blog. The carpets are there: http://www.travelblog.org/Oceania/Australia/New-South-Wales/Budgewoi/blog-783062.html
16th October 2013

Rug Photos
I really like your Persian wall rug John...quite special to have that pot porri of stylized birds & animals. The Turkish rug looks like a quality rug. Look forward to checking them out at your place.

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0317s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb