Weddings, Australia and Laos life..(in brief this time!)..


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
July 29th 2006
Published: July 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Is someone getting married?...Is someone getting married?...Is someone getting married?...

The hen's night...do you think anyone would be able to tell she was getting married? :-) It was great, all these people just randomly kept going up to her and saying congratualtions and wishing her luck. Then of course there was the random striptease (almost)by a guy in Olgalos at 4am....but what would a hen's night be without a bit of doginess... :-)
Hi there everyone,

This one...surprise surprise...will be a short one. Mainly because I was able to catch up, albeit breifly, with a lot of you when I was back home earlier in the month.

The reason I was home so soon into my Laos experience and when it was winter in Australia? Diana was getting married to lovely Marc and she had asked me to be a bridesmaid.

The wedding was amazing with the ceremony at St Mary's Cathedral in the centre of Sydney and the reception at the beautiful Curzon hall in epping (i think...or at least near there). The whole day was like someone had recreated a dream...and of course...they had! :-)

After the excitement of the wedding it was back to my normal non-makeuped, jeans and t-shirt self, drinking lots of coffee, wine, catching up with everyone in Sydney, Canberra and Mum and Dad in Braidwood. I strangely enough didn't take that many photos of the trip but here are a couple.

On other updates about life here in Vientiane; Moo Noi the puppy is now pretty much Moo Noi the dog, it scares me his paws still seem to be growing...I am
The car...The car...The car...

The bride arrived in this funky car, and the bridesmaids went across the harbour bridge dancing to elvis and freezing our lacy dressed butts all the way to the reception...that's the price of fun!
a bit nervous about how big this puppy is going to be.....I have a car these days. A cute, rusted out, tiny suzuki 4WD which bounces around the potholes reasonably well and is small enough to dodge random motorbikes that swerve in and out of the traffic. So...anyone want a lift?

Just a word of warning that although this one has been short and lacking details, I am about to go out to the field for a couple of weeks and it is likely there may be an epic to come after that. Will try to keep the page limit down for you though.

Hope you are all doing well...

N




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

The brideThe bride
The bride

Here is the Bride D her self with her bouquet of red roses about to step inside the cathedral........she doesn't seem nervous.....
The bridesmaids...The bridesmaids...
The bridesmaids...

Just the four of us....stumbling over our heels getting caught in the lace, at the same time trying not to pull the brides head off by tugging on the veil...who would have thought being a bridesmaid could be so complex! Surely all it is is smiling and walking down the aisle.... :-) We are: Caroline (far left - is D's sister), Vinita (primary/high school friend), not sure who that strange tall person is, and Tracey (current good friend of bride and groom and maid of honour)
down the aisle...down the aisle...
down the aisle...

The music was beautiful, the location stunning, but ok...so heels, a VERY long aisle and lots of people are not my favourite combination....but for D....anything! :-) I was told that I seemed to be concentrating heavily on where I was stepping and I think the pic captures that pretty well....What was going through my head? - "left right left, don't fall, right, don't run over the bridesmaid in front...left right wobble don't fall, left right..."
Bride and groom duet...Bride and groom duet...
Bride and groom duet...

At the reception the groom sang to the bride, the bride and groom did a duet, and the bride dj'd a set in her wedding dress...it was a very cool reception....I guess that's what happens when you get a singing teacher, a musician/DJ/designer marrying each other.
arrgh...TIM!!!!....arrgh...TIM!!!!....
arrgh...TIM!!!!....

The seagulls are attacking....!!! Did someong throw a chip over my head? Could it have been my little brother perhaps??
Seagull TimSeagull Tim
Seagull Tim

Tim and I hung out at Coogee beach for fish and chips lunch...it was good to see the sea again....doing a surf safari before going to landlocked Laos really wasn't a smart idea..
Me and the sea!Me and the sea!
Me and the sea!

Sea again...although it was winter, cold and there was no way I was getting in the water....but the smell, the sound of waves crashing against the sand, the fish and chips with tartare sauce....mmm... :-)
floating ballfloating ball
floating ball

Just because it is a cool photo...here is the floating ball outside the art gallery in Canberra....


31st July 2006

blame
As the little brother that seems to have gotten a bad rap for something to do with chips and seaguls, I feel the need to defend myself. But then again, why bother. Nami is more stubborn then me (she's gotta be better at something!) so my efforts would be wasted.
16th August 2006

Finally you let me see your little brother Nami-noo... It's about bloody time!

Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0564s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb