Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
June 21st 2006
Published: July 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Guess the building!Guess the building!Guess the building!

Sydney Opera House on a windy day.
A revist to Sydney for me, a first time for Louise. It's not often that I've been to places that Louise hasn't so it's something of a novelty for me to be able to point out sights and navigate our way round in a somewhat knowledgable way.
We took a walk across the the famous sydney harbour bridge, also known as the coat hanger for obvious reasons. We took lots of pictures of the opera house as I believe that there's some Australian law that all tourists are compelled to take as many pictures of it as they can home with them.
We took a ferry to manley beach and had a spash around in the shallows, while watching the surfers - but swimming was out of the question; it's winter out here, and whilst it's nice and sunny and a bit warmer than England usually is - I still think swimming would have involved turning into a large lump of ice.
We spent an afternoon in the Aquarium - which is awesome (that's the kiwi coming out in me - every third word is awesome;-) They have a glass tunnel running underneath the aquarium - and you walk through with sharks and stingray and lots of other fish swimming around you. Fantastic.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Manley BeachManley Beach
Manley Beach

Must at least have a paddle.


Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.1142s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb