Our short stay in Sydney...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
June 16th 2006
Published: June 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The Opera House The Opera House The Opera House

Phil is there on the wall somewhere!
Its our last day in Australia today - I really cant believe it!

We've really enjoyed our stay in Sydney although we've not really done much! We did the sight seeing thing yesterday and saw The Opera House and the Sydney Harbour Bridge and took a walk around the city (we had to buy a hat, scarf and gloves for New Zealand!).
In the evening we found out all the people from the hostel were going out to watch the footy (it was on 2am here!) and we had a free bar tab for 2 pubs - ideal free drinks! It was a really good night but I have to admit, we didnt quite last til the football! We made the mistake of drinking reallly fast at the beginning of the night before the bar tab run out which in turn meant we got very drunk too early! We'll never learn! It was a really good night particulary because there is a nice crowd in the hostel - mostly English as usual!

Something very surreal happened last night too. We were stood in the beer garden in a pub and as I turned around my old assistant and friend from work - Collette walked out the door! I couldnt believe it. What are the odds of that. I havent seen her in ages and had no idea she was travelling let alone in Sydney! She also said that she house shares with another old assistant of mine - geeky Alec! Very strange isnt it!?

Anyway, Sydney itself is nice. Just a big city. Reminds me a bit of London, its very busy! We are staying in a part of Sydney called Kings Cross. Its probably the roughest place to be! By day its full of weirdos and homeless people and by night its full of prostitutes and strip joints! An experience put it that way!

Off to New Zealand tomorrow, we're really looking forward to it. We're ready to move on to another Country now.

Well Australia has come to an end and what an excellent time we have had, its been brilliant. Lots more great memories we'll never forget.....


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



16th June 2006

That was strange!
Fancy bumping into Collette (I know it is a small world but that is really weird!!). Safe journey to N.Z. wrap up warm, we look forward to the blogs and photos, you will both see some amazing scenery if Caseys photos were anyhing to go by!!. Love and miss you both. love as always Mum and Dad xxxxxxxx

Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0893s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb