Travel Blog 14


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
March 29th 2011
Published: March 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Our Blog - No.14
Sydney 28th March 2011
Well here we are again after a fantastic time in Tasmania thanks entirely to Gill and Barry who looked after us so well taking us to so many exciting places. Thank you so much Gill and Barry and look forward to your visit in September to the UK. Our last two days were spent relaxing as it rained a lot. We were lucky to have missed the floods in the north east of the island which were very noticeable from the air when we flew over on our way to Sydney. We did go to the cinema and watched The King’s Speech which we both thoroughly enjoyed.
We had a good flight from Hobart to Sydney and saw the bridge and Opera House from the air as we were landing. We enjoyed our run into the centre even though it was raining at times. So pleased we pre-booked transport as it saved a lot of hassle.
Met up with our nephew Alan and his wife Elizabeth and son Thomas along with Barry’s sister Celia who had arrived a week earlier from Perth. Hotel is only a short distance from Sydney Harbour Bridge and The Opera House both of which are stunning to see for the first time in real life. The harbour is also very beautiful with so many ferryboats moving around all of the time.
Saturday was very busy and the harbour is used so much for weddings. There were about 6-8 receptions going on around the harbour and the celebrations went on until 3.00am. We all had an excellent meal in one of the harbour restaurants.

Sunday morning and after breakfast we had a walk around The Rocks market before being collected by Alan and taken top his home which is about a 25 minute drive from the centre. Janet our niece who we had stayed with in Perth flew in so we were all able to celebrate Celia’s 70th birthday a couple of days early. We stayed overnight and after breakfast took the ferry from Cremorne Point to Circular Quay a short but enjoyable journey.
Back in the centre we took the Hop On Hop Off bus around Sydney. Part way around we transferred to the Bondi Beach bus and spent some time photographing the beach and sights. Wonderful to be there at last. Back on the bus and
The Rocks MarketThe Rocks MarketThe Rocks Market

Had to hold Nicky back!!
we finished off the tour by the Circular Quay. We then took a short walk to the Opera House which was great with the bridge in the background. A stop for coffee on the way back and lovely to people watch along the harbour.
Tuesday morning and down to the Circular Quay to catch the ferry for Taronga Zoo. Only a short journey and we met up with Celia, Janet and Thomas and a cable car ride up to the top entrance of the zoo. We had a fabulous day at a most beautiful zoo where there is a major conservation programme going on to keep some of the near extinct animals going. The zoo was very clean and the animals well looked after and all looked really fit and well. We were both impressed with everything about the zoo. The zoo is built on the side of a hill so some areas are quite steep for old fogies like Nicky and Barry but there were lifts and escalators available which helped enormously. By the end of our day at the zoo we were however very tired and glad to sit down on the ferry for our ride back to Circular Quay.
Tomorrow is our last day in Sydney before we leave for Dubai. Probably going out for another ferry ride to Manley but not yet finalised. Will be in touch again soon.
Hope you are all enjoying the read and photos.
Love from us both.




Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Look closely where Nicky is wet!!Look closely where Nicky is wet!!
Look closely where Nicky is wet!!

I will say no more but Nicky says the surf took her by surprise!


Tot: 0.265s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb