Saturday February 19th Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
February 19th 2011
Published: February 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The plan for today is to visit a district of Sydney called "The Rocks" where there is a market at the week-end. The Rocks is an old district of Sydney that used to be "a bit rough"(drunks, ladies of the night and slums), now it is regarded as quaint and trendy. There are some real good "pubs" in the Rocks.(Although we have not had chance to try them yet - maybe tomorrow)
We enjoyed the walk around the market the items on sale tended to be good quality, some of the markets that we have so far have tended to be a bit tacky and many stalls selling essentially the same thing. We then had a walk near the Bridge and around the Hyatt which is the most exclusive hotel in Sydney with the penthouse costing A$6,000 per night.
We made our way back to the hotel with the intention dropping a few things off and heading out to visit the Botanical Gardens, BUT we found the swimming pool, and with it being another beautiful day, we decided to chill out beside the pool. We were well look after with the waiters bringing us towels, iced water and homemade lemonade. We decided to have lunch at the pool, I had a Club Sandwich and Di has Spring Rolls, with a nice bottle of Chardonnay (so much wine - so little time!)
We left the pool late afternoon and went to the hotel room to take some Skype calls.
We had decided to go to the cinema to to watch "The Black Swan", but the programme was later for some reason, and with an early start tomorrow we decided to give it a miss and catch it somewhere else.
We went for an Italian meal instead, down at Circular Quay, an early night and I couldn't have any wine back at the hotel as we are breathalysed before the Bridge climb, which is early in the morning!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0594s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb