beaches...minus bette midler


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
October 27th 2010
Published: October 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

beaches 002beaches 002beaches 002

bondi beach!
bondi beach! this is home for the next couple of months. it is a small beach suburb of sydney with a world renowned surfing beach. most of the photographs in this entry though are from the bondi to coogee coastal walk which is an 8k (uhhh 4 miles?) down the south coast of sydney. it passes by several other beaches, both public and secluded. i run part of this every morning which is amazing! the views also add to the problem of almost running into other pedestrians.
sculpture by the sea is an outdoor art installation they do at the beginning of every summer along the coastal walk. yesterday on my run i saw the artists setting up their work! it was really neat. some of the art is even in the ocean. i'll take photographs of that later when i go see it.
also along these cliffs, bondi beach holds a full moon party once a month. i went last week and it was incredible! i found out about it from the guy sitting next to me on my flight to australia acutally. he runs a drumming school in bondi beach and he brings all the drummers and fire dancers to the full moon party. it was a gorgeous night, completely clear with the moon shining down on the ocean. and it was enjoyable because it was a locals thing and not all backpackers.
anyway, this is were i live and sometimes i just have to stop and realize that. it's beautiful and relaxed and energetic. did i mention everyone walks around barefoot?


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

beaches 018beaches 018
beaches 018

this is some high end gym/social club in bondi but the swimming pool is incredible. they call these "ocean side pools" you can see stairs down into the ocean from the pool and sometimes dudes even jump right from the deck into the ocean!
beaches 020beaches 020
beaches 020

requisite wildflower photographs for momma karen
beaches 028beaches 028
beaches 028

mossy overhang
beaches 032beaches 032
beaches 032

tamarama beach. and no, i didn't get caught in that rainstorm.
beaches 035beaches 035
beaches 035

blue bottle jellyfish. these guys are alright and don't hurt too badly when they sting you.
beaches 050beaches 050
beaches 050

and sometimes you get to awkwardly ask someone else to take your solo photograph.
beaches 061beaches 061
beaches 061

most people swim inside these naturally formed pools of ocean because the rip currents are so intense (bronte beach).
beaches 063beaches 063
beaches 063

these are the public baths a bronte beach


Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0266s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb