How many pictures are there of THE opera house?


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
February 22nd 2010
Published: March 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post


2/22/2010
Even though we were home relatively early for a concert- we still grabbed the opportunity to sleep in. This was our final location and we had just the one hotel room at the Mercure near the central train station for the next six days. So we treated it like home- unpacked our shared back pack and I spent the better part of the day watching daytime TV. James went to comic book stores and Red Eye record store. In the evening we went to China town for dinner. It was great we got a plate of lamb and one of beef and a whole pile of vegetables (some unknown) and noodles and then they brought this pot and placed it on this hot plate on the table and cracked up the heat to a rolling boil and we cooked our dinner. It was spicy and delicious. From there we went back to George Street and walked to the harbour. And took many, many pictures.

2/23/2010
Ahhh I could get used to this vacation thing- we slept in and then we walked through China town to the Chinese Garden of friendship. It was a beautiful oasis of water features and trees and flowers and Ming and Ching-dynasty court costumes. Later we grabbed some pizza, souvenir shopped and people watched. That night we want to see "Wolfman"- I was a bit disappointed in the movie as I thought with those actors it had such potential and fell a bit short. The movie cost about the same as here but after you bought your seat assigned ticket you were funneled into this amazing snack shop. We got a slurpey and salty popcorn. After the movie we took a walk to Darling Harbour.






Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb