Very much missing Xmas dinner and pressies


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
December 25th 2009
Published: December 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After calling home (and me blubbering like a big wuss for about half an hour) we decided to have a picnic in the park. So we bought some supplies (sarnies, crisps and choc) and sat in Hyde Park near a big church which had a nativity scene and xmas tree outside. It doesn't really seem like xmas to us, just like a bank holiday or something. It's also odd because we're 11hrs ahead of UK. As there is a large Asian community here many of the shops are still open. I'm amazed about the number of people eating at Hungry Jack's and Maccy D's on christmas day. We had a walk to Mrs Macquaires Point where we plan to try and stand on NYE and then round the harbour stopping in Starbucks for a hot drink and cheekily some of the chocs we'd bought. It's been a very overcast day, spitting with rain for much of it, damn cheek of the weather so we decided to go to internet cafe. Rob is very happy as they have Call of Duty on the computers here, be lucky if I can prise him from his seat! Had tea (seconds of Cottage Cheese sarnies and crisps- living the high life) then watched Elf on TV whilst munching choccies. Made Xmas call number 2 later in the evening and managed (nearly) to keep my tears at bay.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb