Banana and walnut bread is yummy


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
December 21st 2009
Published: December 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Eaaaarly morning this morning. Got up at 4am, had showers and said bye to banana room. Managed to get checked in really quick and easy as it was a domestic flight. Had some banana and walnut bread for brekkie and I think I've found a new addiction. Listened to ipod and read on plane which made the flight went really quickly. Got a taxi to our hostel, The Mountbatten Hotel. At first no-one answered the intercom system so we went to the bar next door to enquire. He told us they must be on dinner but gave us a free drink each while we waited (think the same people own both places). It seems to be a family run business and the lady was very apologetic when she arrived. They all seem nice and friendly, the only boo point is that you're not allowed alcohol on the premises, pah.

We picked up some leaflets and realised that there's loads to do here- zoo, observatory, sky tower, cinema with biggest screen in world....Went on a wander. Area we're in is cool, we seem to be in the thick of it with lots of bars, shops, cafes on the doorstep. Walked down to Darling Harbour after tea which was really impressive. It all seems modern and lively. Booked tickets to see A Christmas Carol in 3D on the huuuge cinema screen on xmas eve. Can't believe I managed to stay up till after 11pm after getting up so early!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.184s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1154s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb