Aussie Adventures - Sydney!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
December 20th 2008
Published: June 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Touching down in Oz



Alas! We arrived in Sydney, excited to be back in Australia and in familiar territory. We stayed in Base in the middle of the city and started out by seeing the usual tourist places such as the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge (can't get tired of those views) and we head to Darling Harbour for some food in the evening and a quiet stroll. We also had the opportunity to a little bit of Christmas shopping, it was starting to feel a little more Christmassy now with all the decorations up around the city but still difficult to get used to the heat.

We speant a really nice day in Bondi checking out the shops, not that we could afford anything mind, and some time by the beach and also spent a couple of afternoons in the Rocks area of the city checking out the great market there. The first evening we spent at the bar adjoining the hostel (and directly below our room, much to our dismay in the evenings) and fell in with a crowd of people and against our best intentions ended up back in the infamous Kings Cross area of the city (Or sleazy Hellhole of the Southern Hemisphere as we like to call it) drinking some teapots and really expensive beer (after Asia anywhere would seem expensive but we've always found Australia expensive for alcohol anyway).

Back in Hell



So after three nights in Base we decided on getting a private room for the final two nights and somthing cheaper too and yep we ended up back in Kings Cross, in a nice apartment that was unfortunately on a really loud street and with the thinnest windows ever. But we supposed at least it wasn't above a bar and was still cheaper than Base anyway so we moved our stuff and settled in.

On our final two nights we hooked up with two of Suze's Uni friends and although having the intention of a night out in Kings Cross, we ended up just drinking in the apartment instead until the wee hours. The next day we packed our bags and set off for the airport for our flight to Melbourne to begin the next part of our trip as we prepared to settle down in Australia for the next seven months!


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



9th November 2009

Teapots
what is with the south of our great planet being obsessed with drinking cocktails in teapots justine and chris have been telling me about tea pots in Queenstown tell u something now me and gary will defo be partaking. So do u recommend a night in Kings Cross?? u know how much a love a cheesy chavvy boozy establishment haha x

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb